Every location required different types of metal detectors because conditions can’t be the same at every place; it varies from one place to another. As we all know that security is the main concern nowadays due to the rapid increase in terrorism and criminal activities. A security analyst has suggested that every location, which is having a large or nominal number of people gathering must-have walk through metal detector as they can easily find out the metal which is hidden. A security guard is unable to find that with his/her naked eyes.
Walkthrough metal detectors are considered as the safest metal detectors because it can detect all types of metal easily. These metal detectors are common nowadays, as the security analysts are considering them the safest. You will see them at schools, colleges, hospitals, malls, etc. Larger crowds require the multiple zone metal detectors because it will help security guards in checking. A single zone metal detector will help in identifying a person who is carrying a weapon or not, but those detectors can be placed at a particular place with one or two guards. As we’re considering a large amount of people’s gathering, one metal detector isn’t enough, though it will help you a lot. Now we will discuss about such detectors features , there are lots of benefits we’re getting from metal detectors features some of them are mentioned below.
- Features of metal detectors:-
- Mostly, metal detectors are based on pulse induction (PI).
- These detectors with digital technology provide us enhanced target detection coverage.
- Such detectors have audible and visual alarms that signal when a threat has been detected.
- If a metal object passes through the detector, it creates an echo pulse that gives an alert.
- The latest metal detectors include multiple detection zones, so a person can identify where the metal object is located.
- This technology sends powerful, short bursts (pulses) of current through the coil of wire when it detects the threat.
- Each pulse generates a short magnetic field.
- The magnetic field then reacts with the receiver coil, which turn, triggers the alarm system.
There are several things you need to know before buying metal detectors. And they are as follows:-
- Things you need to know about metal detectors:-
- While purchasing, you should buy a weatherproof metal detector as the climate changes can affect it.
- If you are thinking of a large number of people gathering, then you should buy a detector with more detection zones.
- Battery backup of a detector is a thing that is needed must. Usually, battery backups of the run unit are up to 10 hours.
- Mostly the metal detectors come with built-in programming that allows the owner to set the sensitivity accordingly.
- Walkthrough metal detectors should be portable so that a guard will be able to move it easily.
- These detectors come with digital technology providing you the enhanced target detection coverage.